24 Nisan 2016 Pazar

Project on Environmental Issues 5

March Temperature Broke a Record

The article I read was about how this year had the hottest March since 100 years ago. It is a known fact that the Earth is getting warmer and warmer but it’s always shocking for me to see how the world is getting worse year by year. The article gave statistics of the previous years’ and this year’s temperature averages and there was a clear increase in the temperature of the earth.

When I was a kid and I was learning some Turkish idioms, I learnt an idiom that meant; “March is a trickster. It makes you burn shovels (which are used gadgets) in order to get warm.” Even when I was a kid, this idiom didn’t make so much sense to me. I couldn’t figure how March could be so cold that people would burn things they used in daily life. Even though when I was really small, and this idiom didn’t mean anything, as I grew up, I witnessed different temperature Marchs. There were some years were March was actually really cold. One year it even snowed, which was a surprise. As years passed and the human population got bigger and bigger, and the environmental issues with global warming increased, the balance of the seasons got corrupted.

I believe that the reason for all this global warming and environmental issues is the overpopulation of human kind and the love of money. Overpopulation means over consumption and use of the earthly supplies. Also we are responsible of the mess we create with our trash, and the pollution created by our factories and machines. By polluting the environment, consuming plethora of earthly products, and ruining the ecological cycle we are killing this planet that we are living in.

It is a fact that earth’s situation is getting worse every year and the reason is overpopulation and the love of money. When it would snow in March a few years ago, now we go outside with our t-shirts and sometimes with a jacket. Also the statistics support this situation with data. And if we don’t be more careful, we will ruin this planet and turn it into a place that we can no longer live in.

Article:

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder